Technical Assistance Services
You’ve come to the right place! Through our equitable development and environmental justice technical assistance program, we offer a wide range of support services to the people leading land reuse efforts in brownfields-affected communities across the country. Our services are designed to meet the diverse need of practitioners whether you are generally interested in best practices, stuck on a specific problem, or are seeking more hands on guidance. The best part – all of our services are free!
What Services Do We Provide?
Our technical assistance team offers *free* customized strategy, tools, and peer support for those in brownfield-affected communities seeking a more inclusive planning and redevelopment agenda in which everyone can prosper.
We provide coaching and support based on self-identified needs as they relate to:
- Integrating equity and environmental justice into all phases of brownfield redevelopment process.
- Enhancing community involvement in brownfield reuse.
- Establishing shared leadership and decision-making models.
- Setting, evaluating, and communicating progress on environmental justice and equitable development goals.
- Community resilience in the face of climate change.
- Using area-wide maps to develop land reuse strategy that prioritizes community need.
Free Workshops & Trainings
Looking to tune up on specific skills? Our free workshops and trainings build capacity for implementing equitable development and environmental justice principles into brownfields projects. We run a variety of workshops on topics such as the fundamentals of equitable development, setting and evaluating environmental justice goals, supporting long-term engagement with a broad coalition of stakeholders, and other topics.
Looking for some ready to implement tools and guidance? Our resource hub includes best practices, case studies, videos, and how-to guides for every stage of your project.