POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
Director of Capacity Building
Groundwork USA seeks a Director of Capacity Building to lead its network capacity building and equitable development technical assistance programs. A member of the management team, the Director of Capacity Building reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for innovation and strategy development as well as leadership of existing program areas. Responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of staff and consultants in providing direct technical assistance, hosting workshops and training programs, presenting webinars, and producing tools and resources for practitioners.
- Developing new programs and projects.
- Representing Groundwork USA in national partnerships and diverse public settings.
- Through blog posts, articles, reports, grant proposals, and other communications, advancing the state of practice and building support for Groundwork USA’s work.
- Supervising and mentoring staff and nurturing a collaborative, high-performance culture in a geographically dispersed team.
- Effectively handling budget development, grant administration, project management, contracting, and reporting.
- Contributing to Groundwork USA’s continued progress as an inclusive, culturally competent organization.
The preferred location for this position is Boston/Lawrence, Massachusetts, or New York City/Yonkers, New York. Remote work arrangements from other locations will be considered. This is a full-time position, but a less than full-time (such as 0.8 FTE) schedule will be considered on a transitional basis.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by February 28, 2018, will be ensured full consideration.
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
Groundwork Denver Youth Program Director — Director/a del Programa de Jóvenes
Reporting to Executive Director, the Director of Youth Programs (“Youth Program Director”) will oversee Groundwork Denver’s youth development programs. The Youth Program Director is an integral part of the Program Director team at Groundwork Denver, providing direction for the organization to meet community needs and successfully implementing a major component of Groundwork Denver’s work.
- Oversee the implementation of the Youth Program, including hiring, partnership development, day-to-day operations and evaluation. Oversee Youth Program budget, ensuring grants and contract expenditures are aligned and budget is being spent responsibly and prudently
- Hire, supervise, and mentor youth program staff of seasonal Youth Supervisors. Provide oversight of supervision of youth employees who report directly to Youth Supervisors. Directly supervise youth employees when no Youth Supervisor is available. Manage the recruitment of all youth employees
- Provide direction to Program Managers for youth program projects and coordinate with youth employees to meet project needs
- Cross-collaborate with other Program Directors to coordinate cross-program activities
- Coordinate closely with the volunteer program to engage youth employees to meet volunteer project goals
- Participate in identifying funding opportunities for the youth program. Heavily participate in developing new grant proposals with the Executive Director and grant writer. Responsible for writing grant report narratives in coordination with the Executive Director and grant writer
- Successfully administer youth program grant funds, including adhering to contract billing and financial reporting requirements, ensuring appropriate expenses are allocated, and staff time billing is accurate
- Be responsible for youth employees’ safety while they are implementing daily work tasks, bike riding and participating in other outdoor recreation, being transported in vehicles, and while interacting with other youth and adults. Adhere to organizational risk management policies
- Successfully build and maintain external partnerships to develop meaningful work tasks for the youth employees, build the funding base for the youth programs, and collaborate on efforts related to youth development. Represent Groundwork Denver at external meetings, collaborations and community events related to youth development
- Continuously improve the youth program by overseeing the youth program evaluation, including survey development, data collection, and completing the evaluation report
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning March 19, 2018.
View the full job description (English and Spanish).