POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
posted September 20, 2018
Groundwork USA seeks a Director of Operations to manage the continued growth of our capacity to support community-based strategies advancing equity, health, and resilience in low-income neighborhoods across the nation. The Director of Operations plays an important role within our committed and talented staff team and in relationships with a nationwide community of local affiliates and federal agency partners.
The Director of Operations is responsible for daily administrative and financial operations of Groundwork USA, including funding relationships with federal agency partners and systems to support the organization’s staff and network of local affiliates. The Director of Operations reports to the Executive Director and serves on the organization’s management team. The position is based in Yonkers, New York, at offices shared by Groundwork USA and Groundwork Hudson Valley.
Grant and Contract Management:
- Develop and manage federal funding agreements, including program/project scopes and budgets, in consultation program staff and local affiliates
- Carry out financial and programmatic reporting under federal funding agreements in accordance with deadlines and other requirements in those agreements
- Maintain strong working relationships with federal agency staff
Manage sub-recipient relationships with local affiliates and others under federal funding agreements
Manage federal award drawdown process in accordance with federal guidelines
Ensure compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) regulations, federal agency requirements, and organizational financial management policies
- Advise and coach program staff on financial, compliance, and administrative matters
- Ensure clarity regarding roles and responsibilities within Groundwork USA; support and troubleshoot program management and ensure coordination between program, finance, development and communications staff
- Manage internal communications, meetings, conference calls and events, including systems to support day-to-day communication and collaboration among a geographically dispersed staff
- Oversee planning of annual Groundwork USA conference and board/staff retreat
- Manage hiring processes; orient new staff
Finance and Administration:
- Supervise the Business Manager on operational and financial matters
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to facilitate quarterly financial reporting and annual audit
- With program staff, Director of Finance, and Business Manager, oversee management of expenses and alignment with organizational budget
- Manage and improve human resource systems, including benefit programs and professional development activities; ensure compliance with organizational policies
- Manage or oversee management of vendors providing IT services, insurance, and other goods and services
- Lead the management and continuing improvement of organizational systems, including data collection and management systems
- Commitment to the mission of Groundwork USA
- Excellent management skills
- Experience with project budgeting and financial reporting; experience with federal government funding agreements and compliance obligations desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and maintain strong professional relationships within and outside an organization
- Demonstrated ability to establish and improve organizational systems in areas such as finance, human resources and IT
- Initiative and demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities, balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
Strong written and oral communication skills; proficiency in managing quantitative data and using Excel and online apps
Familiarity with not-for-profit best practices desirable but not required
Four-year undergraduate degree
Minimum five years of relevant experience
Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications; SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match; health insurance (currently through Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement); generous vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Those received by October 12, 2018, will be ensured full consideration. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted – your understanding is appreciated.
Groundwork USA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining and growing a diverse team, and an anti-racist organization committed to doing business in keeping with core values of relevance, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, GROUNDWORK NEW ORLEANS
Posted August 29, 2018.
Groundwork New Orleans (GWNO) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Executive Director. GWNO builds resilient communities and cultivates the next generation of environmental stewards in New Orleans by offering opportunities for environmental and social justice learning, workforce development, and community engagement to local youth.
The Executive Director (ED), with oversight from the Board of Directors, is responsible for the administration, programming, and strategic planning of the organization. The ED is also responsible for:
- financial management;
- hiring and managing staff and consultants;
- overseeing a broad range of planning, design, construction, stewardship, and education programs;
- building partnerships throughout the New Orleans community;
- representing Groundwork at local, regional and national events;
Salary and Application Process:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Email your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include salary requirements and explain how you heard about Groundwork New Orleans and your interest and qualifications for the position. Please write the job title and your name in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by September 11, 2018 at 5pm.