POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Groundwork USA seeks a Development and Communications Manager to help promote and expand its efforts to support community-based strategies advancing equity, health, and resilience in low-income neighborhoods across the nation.
The Development and Communications Manager will help manage and expand Groundwork USA’s development efforts and digital presence. They will be responsible for expanding the organization’s individual donor, corporate sponsor, and foundation development efforts. They will also be responsible for managing communications with external audiences to build awareness of and support for GWUSA and for organizing the annual GWUSA network convening. The ideal candidate has experience in fundraising (including grant writing), communications, graphic design, event planning, and working with databases.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage individual and corporate donors and launch a robust annual appeals process.
- Write, submit, and track small-medium foundation communications, including letters of inquiry, concept papers, proposals, and reports.
- Implement best practices in development operations, including gift processing, reporting, and CRM system management; prospect and donor research; and general support for the development efforts of the organization.
- Attend events as needed, representing the organization to potential donors.
- Meet with with GWUSA program staff to understand the focus, direction and achievements of programming and to share with GWUSA staff the interests and direction of funders.
- Build awareness of and support for GWUSA and develop and implement a communications strategy and calendar; maintain, update and improve the GWUSA website, blog and social media feed; produce quarterly electronic newsletters and periodic e-blasts, identifying and researching topics and drafting content; manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram); promote webinars, publications, videos, workshops and presentations; provide communications support to GWUSA program staff and, as requested, manage Urban Waters Learning Network communications activities.
- Ensure the highest quality of external communications through copy-editing and careful review.
- Track, monitor, and report on key metrics relevant to online engagement.
- Manage Groundwork network communications, including timely identification of topics for and promotion of webinars; annual management of performance measure data collection; maintenance and improvement of the intranet (with content provided by other GWUSA and Trust staff); and, as requested, support for development and management of youth program data and other network data systems.
- Manage annual Groundwork National Assembly planning and logistics.
- Help nurture a collaborative, high-performance culture in a geographically dispersed staff.
- Contribute to Groundwork USA’s continued progress as an inclusive, culturally competent organization.
The preferred location for this position is Boston/Lawrence, Massachusetts, or New York City/Yonkers, New York. Remote work arrangements from other locations will be considered.
The Development and Communications Manager needs to exhibit three key competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing, proofreading and editing ability.
- Experience in identifying, cultivating and managing relationships with new funders and donors.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to follow through on assignments, meet deadlines, and facilitate the efforts of the full team to do the same.
The Development and Communications Manager must also have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds; experience in event planning and providing excellent customer service to funders and donors; solid computer skills and knowledge of customer relations management software (Salesforce a plus).
At least three years of relevant professional experience is required and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit or academic fundraising required is strongly preferred.
The expected salary range for this full-time position is $65,000-80,000, commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include a SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match; health insurance; and generous vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to email@example.com. All documents should be submitted as PDFs. Applications received by November 27, 2019, will be ensured full consideration. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted—your understanding is appreciated.
Groundwork USA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining and growing a diverse team, and an anti-racist organization committed to doing business in keeping with core values of relevance, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
Groundwork Mobile County (GWMC) is seeking its first Executive Director to lead the new non-profit organization, which is focused on revitalizing neighborhoods in Mobile County, Alabama.
The Executive Director (ED) will serve at the direction of GWMC Board of Directors and lead the organization in developing specific projects and programs within the Cities of Mobile and Prichard, AL, in five focus areas:
- Brownfields Redevelopment
- Vacant Properties
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Youth Development, Education, Job Training, and Creation
- Urban Rivers and Trails
The ED will be responsible for the administration, programming, and strategic planning of the organization. This includes financial management; hiring and managing staff and consultants; overseeing a broad range of projects that focus on planning, design, construction, stewardship, and education; building new and maintaining existing partnerships throughout Mobile County; representing GWMC at local, regional, and national events; and fundraising and securing the necessary resources to ensure the organization’s mission and goals are met.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.