POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
There are no open positions at this time. Please check this page for future opportunities.
Groundwork USA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining and growing a diverse team, and an anti-racist organization committed to doing business in keeping with core values of relevance, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
Groundwork Mobile County (GWMC) is seeking its first Executive Director to lead the new non-profit organization, which is focused on revitalizing neighborhoods in Mobile County, Alabama.
The Executive Director (ED) will serve at the direction of GWMC Board of Directors and lead the organization in developing specific projects and programs within the Cities of Mobile and Prichard, AL, in five focus areas:
- Brownfields Redevelopment
- Vacant Properties
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Youth Development, Education, Job Training, and Creation
- Urban Rivers and Trails
The ED will be responsible for the administration, programming, and strategic planning of the organization. This includes financial management; hiring and managing staff and consultants; overseeing a broad range of projects that focus on planning, design, construction, stewardship, and education; building new and maintaining existing partnerships throughout Mobile County; representing GWMC at local, regional, and national events; and fundraising and securing the necessary resources to ensure the organization’s mission and goals are met.
Applications are due by Sept 30, 2019.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Director of Youth Programs (“Youth Program Director”) will oversee Groundwork Denver’s youth development programs. The Youth Program Director is an integral part of the Program Director team at Groundwork Denver, providing direction for the organization to meet community needs and successfully implementing a major component of Groundwork Denver’s work.
- Oversee the implementation of the Youth Program, including hiring, partnership development, day-to-day operations and evaluation. Oversee Youth Program budget, ensuring grants and contract expenditures are aligned and budget is being spent responsibly and prudently
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and mentor seasonal Youth Supervisors, who supervise youth employees. Directly supervise youth employees when no Youth Supervisor is available. Manage the recruitment of all youth employees
- Provide tasks and direction to Program Managers for youth program projects and coordinate with youth employees to meet project needs
- Collaborate with other Program Directors to coordinate cross-program activities
- Coordinate closely with the volunteer program to engage youth employees to meet volunteer project goals
- Participate in identifying funding opportunities for the youth program, including developing new grant proposals with the Executive Director and grant writer. Responsible for writing grant reports in coordination with the Executive Director and grant writer
- Successfully administer youth program grant funds, including adhering to contract billing and financial reporting requirements, ensuring appropriate expenses are allocated, and staff time billing is accurate
- Be responsible for youth supervisors and their teams’ safety while they are implementing daily work tasks, bike riding and participating in other outdoor recreation, being transported in vehicles, and while interacting with other youth and adults. Adhere to organizational risk management policies
- Successfully build and maintain external partnerships, and support Youth Supervisors in doing the same, to develop meaningful work tasks for the youth employees, build the funding base for the youth programs, and collaborate on efforts related to youth development. Represent Groundwork Denver at external meetings, collaborations and community events related to youth development
- Continuously improve the youth program by overseeing the youth program evaluation, including survey development, data collection, and completing the evaluation reporting
Preference will be given to applications received by August 26th, 2019.
MYSTIC RIVER URBAN WATERS FEDERAL PARTNERSHIP AMBASSADOR – GROUNDWORK SOMERVILLE
The Mystic River Watershed became a designated Urban Waters Federal Partnership (UWFP) location in 2013. The UWFP is comprised of 15 federal agencies (including USACE, USDA, USGS, USFWS, USFS, HUD, NPS, FEMA, and USEPA) and 28 nongovernmental organizations working collaboratively in 19 designated locations to help urban and metropolitan areas, particularly those that are underserved or economically distressed, connect with their waterways and work to improve them. The focus of efforts for the Mystic River Watershed include:
- urban water restoration
- water quality monitoring
- community engagement and public access
- marine and environmental education
The Ambassador Position:
The Ambassador for the Mystic River Urban Waters Federal Partnership will be an employee of Groundwork Somerville, one of the nongovernmental organizations in the Partnership, and will report to the Executive Director. The Ambassador’s work will be a combination of assisting the coordination team of the Federal Partnership Steering Committee to implement and expand on tasks in the Partnership’s Action Agenda and supporting Groundwork Somerville’s projects that improve urban waterways and engage youth and community partners in economically distressed areas. Ambassadors serve as coordinators and facilitators, navigators and reporters, providing support in both strategic planning and project/program execution for Federal Partnership locations. The Urban Waters Ambassador will serve as a driving force in the Partnership’s community efforts to realize the environmental and economic benefits of clean, safe, accessible urban waters. Ambassadors work with government, businesses, community stakeholders, nonprofit organizations and other partners to address the needs of communities, protect health, improve the environment, and strengthen local economies.
Applications received by June 7, 2019 will be ensured full consideration.