POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
Youth Employment Program Director, Groundwork Ohio River Valley
Groundwork Ohio River Valley is seeking a Youth Employment Program Director to join a rapidly growing team. Groundwork’s mission is to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) within the sustainability/conservation industry. With partner organizations, we create hundreds of youth green jobs as a vehicle for income and opportunity. This position is hella important. We are seeking a highly motivated, fun, and organized individual to build up youth who are the future of conservation. We are not overly concerned with traditional candidate education or career tracts. We would like to interview people who have shared experiences with the youth that we serve and are passionate about the intersections between DEIJ and the environment.
Program Director Duties Include:
● Employee management of up to 14 staff who run youth crews around the region
● Logistics and project planning support for youth leaders
● Create job training curriculum and projects and lead trainings for youth
● Partner Management and Relationship Building
● Forward-facing activities like public speaking and fundraising
● Assisting youth and families with job and education opportunities
● Create a youth council framework for representation on Groundwork’s Board of Directors
● Work closely with other Groundwork staff, especially the Co-Executive Directors
***This is a full-time salaried position with benefits***
Local residents strongly encouraged to apply. Groundwork is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity. Groundwork does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. People of Color and those with other marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and one reference to Alan Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)by May 3rd.