POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK USA
There are no positions available at this time, but please check back periodically.
POSITIONS WITH GROUNDWORK TRUSTS
Executive Director, Groundwork RVA
Posted May 9, 2018.
Groundwork RVA is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Executive Director. Groundwork RVA cultivates the next generation of conservation leaders in Richmond, Virginia, by offering youth opportunities for environmental and social justice learning, after-school programming, and workforce training. The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include, but are not limited to, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. In addition to the responsibilities and qualifications below, Groundwork RVA seeks a leader who will embody and promote the organization’s mission of social equity, meaningful change and youth development.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organizational mission
- Responsible for leading Groundwork in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Groundwork RVA, to include submission to the board of a proposed annual budget and financial monthly statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Groundwork’s mission
3) Organizational Mission and Strategy:
- Responsible for the implementation of Groundwork’s programs and projects that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Groundwork can successfully carry out its mission and implementing said plan
- Responsible for the enhancement of Groundwork’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate
- Responsible for effective administration of Groundwork’s operations
- Responsible for the hiring, retention and management of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Proven commitment to social equity
- Business management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Groundwork’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with and engage diverse volunteers, partners, and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health insurance, dental and eye care, and four weeks personal time off.
Closes June 8, 2018 at 5:00 pm (EDT). Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.