On May 20, 2021 Groundwork USA and MAPC hosted a virtual “Brownfields to Brightfields: Unlocking Solar Energy and Community Development” workshop. Over 70 individuals from municipalities, state and federal agencies, community organizations, and renewable energy companies in Massachusetts and across the country attended. The goals of the workshop were to share models and real-world examples of B2B projects that advance equity and community benefits, to introduce Groundwork USA and MAPC’s newly created B2B mapping tool for Massachusetts, and to lay the groundwork for future B2B project partnerships.
WAys to Catch up:
- Watch The Recording
- Read a summary of the workshop & key lessons
- Download the slides & other resources
- Keynote Presentation: Re-Powering America’s Land Initiative
- Presentation: B2B Equity Models
- Panel: Oxon Run Project, Washington, D.C.
- Panel: Mt. Tom Project, Holyoke, MA
- Panel: City of Brockton, MA
- Breakout Group: EPA Region I
- Breakout Group: MA Department of Environmental Protection
- Breakout Group: Resonant Energy
This was made possible by generous funding from The EPA’s Brownfields and Land Revitalization Program.