DATES: April 29-May 2, 2018
LOCATION: Olympic Valley, CA
AGENDA AND REGISTRATION: https://www.rivernetwork.org/events-learning/river-rally/about/
River Rally, hosted annually by River Network, is a national conference for river and water champions. Unique in its focus on providing practical education, inspiring courage, and celebrating achievements, River Rally brings together hundreds of people from across the United States and the world who care about rivers and water issues. Join NGO staff and volunteers, academics, agency and foundation representatives, industry innovators, and community leaders for the biggest (and most fun) water-focused event of the year!
The themes for the 2018 program are:
- Reconnecting to Rivers Through Restoration and Recreation – In celebration of the 50thanniversary of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, we invite workshops that highlight the many ways communities and individuals are connecting rivers through recreation and taking action to protect, restore, and conserve water for people and nature.
- Mobilizing For Change Through Policy, Advocacy, and Civic Engagement – Workshops under this theme will focus on protecting bedrock water laws, like the Clean Water Act, highlighting innovative state and local policies, and illuminating local community-led efforts to expand a national water protection movement in times of political turmoil.
- Making Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Real – Building on an evolving national conversation on diversity in the environmental movement, we invite workshops that show how to create inclusive and equitable solutions to water problems and approaches for diversifying organizations.
- Expanding Impact Through Science, Technology, and Monitoring – Workshops in this track will share innovations, best practices, and success stories about scientific and technical approaches, highlighting tools and resources river and water champions can use to expand their impact on the ground and in their organization.
- Sustaining Strong Leaders, Organizations and Coalitions – Workshops under this theme will offer information and skill-building opportunities on leadership and professional development, organizational and financial health, and topics in management, fundraising and communications to help nonprofit board and staff members be more effective in their river and watershed work.